Thursday 1 October 2015

All The World's Futures (Geraldine)

Below is something I wrote in my journal at the beginning of my trip to Venice – it is written in the context of the biennale title "All the world's futures".

I have an internal struggle with the idea of 'the future'. We are told that 'the present' is all there is – and yet we are also told we must sometimes use our will to fight for what we want. Clearly we must sometimes plan for assumed time ahead for ourselves and for others.

So the next questions that emerged for me were 'What if my art making matters – and even affects my future and the future of others'?
With these ponderings in mind I set forth into the Venice Biennale – so far it is mid-way and I am returning at times to these questions. I'll write again and let you know what happens.

Geraldine Richards
 

No comments:

Post a Comment