Monday 3 October 2011

The view at breakfast (Mandy)

I have not yet ventured out to draw for two reasons. Firstly I'm a little timid about doing so - drawing in public - aaargh! But secondly, the view from my window offers so many possibilities! I am at the end of via Garibaldi, where the floating veggie man is (his boat full of fresh fruit and veg was in one of Jane's handouts). I look out onto a canal intersection and one of the busiest thoroughfares in Venice. Nice busy - no throngs of tourists, just people going about their daily business on the canals. Everything changes with every hour of the day. The light moves across from right to left and strikes different parts of the view as it moves.
This was drawn in the afternoon and before the washing appeared (I think Saturday is official washing day here).
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment